Sunday, September 6, 2009

"Small things done with great love will change the world."


I work at a place where I am constantly serving others. Asking them how they are, serving them food, making sure they have everything they need. And I love what I do. It's nice to know that I could be the difference between a good, and not so great day, for someone. So yesterday I went into work expecting to serve. And I did that, but God surprised me. An older couple came in and ordered a couple sandwiches and I took their food out to them outside to one of the tables. They sat and talked for nearly 45 minutes, and normally once you were done you just leave and I would go out and get their tray and plates. But the husband came in, handed me the tray and their trash and a 3 dollar tip (50% of their meal), and said, "Have a great day, God bless." It just struck me in a big way for some reason. I didn't put anything special on the sandwich, didn't stick an extra lemon in the iced tea, but he was so nice. Roughly 2 hours later we were about to close and I was bringing in furniture from outside and a friend of mine, Zach, that works a couple shops down was passing by on the way to get the mail. Bringing in chairs and tables is a little annoying but not terribly hard. So, just as he was passing, he stopped and said, "Hey, can I help you bring this stuff in?" He helped me fully knowing he was getting nothing out of it. I'm glad I went to work yesterday. God showed me the impact a small act of kindness can have on a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment