Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm sensing a pattern...

I have begun to slowly realize that a lot of my favorite songs consist of the same words.



Take My Life.


Concidence... ha. No.

Let's just take a look shall we --->

Take my life and let it be
All for you and for your glory
Take my life and let it be
Yours

(Glory to God Forever -- Fee)

Take my life and let it be
Everything
All of me
Here I am
Use me for Your glory
In everything I say and do
Let my life honor you
Here I am
Living for Your glory

(Living for Your Glory -- Tim Hughes)

Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to thee
Here am I
All of me
Take my life
It's all for thee

(Take My Life and Let it Be -- Chris Tomlin)

Take my life
Take my mind
Take my soul
Take my will
Cause I am yours now
I give it all to you

(Take My Life -- Jeremy Camp)

Take my heart
And make it new
And make it true
And make it like you
Take my hands
I lift them high
They're yours not mine to do
So do what you will

(I'm Ready Now -- Desperation Band)


Take my life; the common thread.  I try to make a concious effort, everytime I sing one these songs, to be intentional about the words I'm forming with my mouth.  It's a prayer, God take my life.  It's surrender.  I give my life to you, use it however you want to.  I'm letting go, it's all you, God.  It becomes easy, though, after a while, to not realize what I'm saying. It just beomes simply words in a song, instead of continual prayer.  I pray that I will never go on autopilot while i'm singing, that every word that rolls off my tongue will be an intentional, honest cry out to God.

Take my life, and make it all you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment