Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What is camp...?

Camp is amazing.

Camp is life-changing.

Camp is a week of high energy excitement.

Camp is a chance I have to help 6 middle school girls stay on the path towards Christ.

Camp is a place where Jesus shows up.


I have been given the opportunity to serve as a counselor at Camp Adventure for the past two years. And those two weeks that I have been at camp have been some of the greatest weeks of my life.  I have built relationships with the other counselors I have been with, and I have grown so much closer to God.  Camp has taught me a lot about myself.... mainly, that I have limitations. That I can't do everything on my own.  And God can't take over fully until I admit that I fall short in some areas and let him take the wheel. I would be dumb to say that everything that has happened in the lives of the campers that I have had is because of me and my leadership.  God has allowed me to lead in this kind of setting, but there is no way that I have what it takes to do it on my own. And I don't have to.  Whenever I reach the point where I am at the end of my rope, and I don't feel like I have any more to give, thats exactly when God comes in and fills in the gaps that I leave.  I'm continually amazed at how much God changes lives at camp.  And I'm so excited for all the middle schoolers, and counselors that will continue to fill the camp for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment