Friday, August 13, 2010

Here's a fun story.

Last summer was my first experience at CA. (camp adventure) I was picked to be a counselor without ever having been to camp before. I was SUPER excited but really nervous.  At the big sunday night meeting the day before the campers got there on monday, I found out that none of the 6 girls in my group went to Granger and all their ages were spread out; I had 2 6th graders, 2 7th graders, and 2 8th graders.  I was freaking. out. None of the older girls are going to listen to me, they're all going to hate camp, and go home and tell their parents that I was the worst counselor ever. wahh. Ha, ha, ha. I was so wrong.
After meeting my campers and their parents at check-in, still a little un-easy, we headed out to home in the woods.  Once I finally got all of their names down, it was all uphill.  Even though they didn't know eachother, suddenly they were all best friends.  The age difference didn't matter.  God comepletely came through, and live's were changed in huge ways. 
So, now to the point of this fun story.
One of the girls I had was going to be a freshman in high school when I had her as a camper. (i was only 2 years older than her) Her name is Jordyn.  Throughout the course of the week I got close with every single one of my campers, and I love them to death even to this day. 
Jordyn and I hit it off really well at camp, and after she left and I started to cry, that we'd be friends even after camp.  And now Jordyn is one of my best friends.  She came and visited me a month after camp, last december, and just a few weeks ago as well.  I love her so much, and i'm so blessed that I had the chance to meet such an amazing girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment