Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thoughts....

Do I go to church because I love Jesus or do I go because I love my church?  I've been thinking a lot about this question lately... Am I more in love with the church than I am with the one who created me?  It shouldn't matter where I am, as long as I am first and foremost worshipping God with all of my heart.  But then why does where a person chooses to be matter so much? I don't understand.  People become broken and torn apart by something that should bring us together.  I'm not proposing that a choice of church doesn't matter at all, because it does.  I want to be at a church where I can serve, and further my relationship with Jesus.  But my relationship with Jesus should still be as alive when i'm at home reading my bible as it is when i'm sitting in a church service.
I love Granger Community Church, I have grown so much there, however, if at any point I find myself just going simply because I feel comfortable there and i'm not challenging myself spiritually, it's time to move on.

It's ok to be uncomfortable, because in the end the wierd, awkward times in your life will make you that much stronger.

3 comments: